If you are a Charity and want to use the power of YouTube to connect with your supports through this incredibly popular visual medium then YouTube can help through its non-profit program that over four distinct program benefits.
- premium branding and increased upload capability
- you will be listed on the not for profit channels and video pages on YouTube
- you can add calls to action overlayed on the video, so you have space to add a message and YouTube encourage you to do just that.
- finally you have the option to ask ‘the crowd’ so you could for instance asked an expert YouTuber to create a video just for your charity.
As with all YouTube content there are some basic rules to follow;
- Upload videos that get the viewers watching and talking, then ensure you answer any responses you get.
- Upload content regularly, much like your website don’t let it go stale.
- Don’t forget to embed the code for the video across other platform, news, blog and Twitter to name but three.
- And finally be yourself, if you are fake then you will be found out!
You can find out more on http://www.youtube.com/nonprofits